EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – Three men were charged with burglary in Eastchester on Friday after being apprehended by a pair of Scarsdale police officers on Garth Road, according to Detective Lt. Thomas Altizio.
At approximately 7 p.m., the Eastchester Police Department issued an alert for suspects that were observed by an off-duty officer burglarizing a residence and fleeing in a black Honda.
According to the report, a description of the vehicle and suspects was broadcast to Scarsdale police units. Two Scarsdale officers, on foot near the Popham Road Bridge, observed the car and notified Scarsdale Police Headquarters.
Additional units responded to the area and stopped the suspects on Garth Road near Harney Road in Eastchester. They were taken into custody by Scarsdale officers, held at the scene and turned over to the Eastchester Police Department.
Anderson Moncada, 24, of Brentwood, N.Y.; Juan Hernandez-Moncada, 29, of Elmhurst, N.Y. and Fabian Idarraga, 29, of Astoria, N.Y., were charged with burglary.
- 1 Eastchester Man Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges
- 2 Longtime Eastchester Restauranteurs Open Le Sirene In Larchmont
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 5 Amber Alert Canceled After 3-Year-Old Girl Found