WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A Tarrytown man is facing life in prison after pleading guilty to murder in relation to a Yonkers stabbing last year.
According to Westchester County District Attorney Janet DiFiore, Keith Thigpen, 21, was sentenced to a minimum of 15 years in prison after pleading guilty to second-degree murder.
One Mount Vernon co-conspirator, Adam Kirkland, has been sentenced, while another, Eric Chappelle, has a pending case against him.
Kirkland, 22, was sentenced to 13 years in prison on felony counts of first-degree robbery and burglary. Chappelle, 21, is facing a felony charge of burglary and a pair of robbery counts.
The three defendants are charged in the death of 49-year-old Yonkers resident Henry DiMatteo. Last year, on May 18, shortly after 7 p.m., Yonkers police found DiMatteo outside his Winnebago Road apartment with a stab wound in his chest. He was rushed to Lawrence Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Neighbors alerted police to the crime, and the three were caught and arrested near the scene, attempting to flee. Both Thigpen and Kirkland were found with some of the victim’s possessions, and the murder weapon, a knife, was recovered at the scene.
Assistant District Attorney Lena Hochheiser of the Superior Court Trial Division is continuing to prosecute the case.
- 1 Woman Kicks, Spits At Officers During DWI Arrest In Eastchester, Police Say
- 2 Burglary Suspect Apprehended In Bronxville After Overnight Foot Chase
- 3 Schumer Calls For Harsher 'Swatting' Penalties In Eastchester Visit
- 4 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Boil Water Advisory In Effect For Eastchester, Tuckahoe