TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – Motorists who feel a little sleepy can pick up free coffee or hot tea on the New York State Thruway Monday night.
A 42-year tradition continues at all of the Thruway travel plazas on New Year's Eve as officials remind motorists to take breaks from driving to prevent sleepiness.
“Sleepiness and fatigue are major contributors to highway accidents,” Thruway Executive Director Thomas Madison said in a statement. “All motorists should put safety first at all times.”
Free coffee and tea will be available from 11 p.m. Monday through 7 a.m. Tuesday at all of the 27 travel plazas because of a partnership with travel plaza operators and the Thruway Authority.
Thruway officials remind motorists that they should only stop on the roadway shoulder in cases of emergency.
- 1 Longtime Eastchester Restauranteurs Open Le Sirene In Larchmont
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed