YONKERS, N.Y. -- Westchester County Police on patrol on several of the county parkways in Yonkers arrested seven people in the early hours of New Year's Day on driving while intoxicated or drug charges, according to a release.
The following people were arrested by county police:
- Amalfi Chico, 58, of Mahattan was arrested on the Bronx River Parkway and charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated, a felony, and endangering the welfare of a child. Chico's blood alcohol level tested above 18 percent, more than twice the legal limit.
- Joseph Genua, 23, of Yonkers, was charged with driving while intoxicated at 1:38 a.m. following a traffic stop on the northbound Bronx River Parkway.
- Antoine Steward, 25, of Stamford, Conn., was charged with driving while intoxicated, fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon and third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle following a traffic stop at 3:39 a.m. on the southbound Saw Mill River Parkway.
- William Conklin, 24, of Port Jervis, as charged with driving while intoxicated following a traffic stop on the southbound Saw Mill River Parkway at 4:19 a.m.
- Ryan Sanchez, 24, of White Plains, was charged with driving while intoxicated after he passed a marked patrol car at a high rate of speed on the northbound Bronx River Parkway at 5:18 a.m..
- Walter Ramon, 27, of Newark, N.J., was charged with driving while intoxicated after he lost control of his car and went off the roadway on the southbound Saw Mill River Parkway at 8:31 a.m..
- William Rodriguez, 29, of the Bronx, was charged with driving while ability Impaired by drugs and criminal possession of marijuana following a traffic stop at 7:55 p.m. on the eastbound Cross County Parkway in Mount Vernon. He was found in possession of more than 13 ounces of marijuana packaged in multiple clear plastic bags.