NEW YORK, N.Y. – In advance of the second Republican presidential debate that will take place on Wednesday, New York Gov. George Pataki is doubling down on his stance that presidential hopeful Donald Trump, is “unfit” for office and that he wouldn’t vote for him if he earns the nomination.
Pataki, another presidential hopeful, traded barbs with Trump over the weekend on Twitte r, which each side accusing the other of certain transgressions. The dislike between the two has become so intense that Pataki has gone so far as to propose a “mano-a-mano” debate about Trump over immigration after Trump made controversial statements when announcing his presidential run.
On Monday, after paying his respects to renowned Tarrytown resident Caryl Plunkett at St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York City, Pataki, a Peekskill native and Garrison resident, doubled down on his stance, saying that “(Trump) is unfit for president. I hope my colleagues realize this and will stand up and say the same thing I’ve been saying.”
Pataki, who won’t serve in the main debate – alongside Bedford estate owner Trump, Carly Fiorina, Jeb Bush and Ben Carson – will instead be discussing his campaign and the election in the undercard election with Rick Santorum, Bobby Jindal and Lindsey Graham. On Wednesday, he said that he was eager to get on stage to let the nation see what he believes in and what he hopes for the future of the country.
“I’m excited for the opportunity,” he said. “I just hope I have the opportunity to show the masses who I am, and what I stand for.”
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.