EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- U.S. Rep. Eliot Engel (D-Westchester) met with 300 students at Eastchester Middle School on Capitol Hill in Washington D.C.
Engel spoke with the students about the history of the Capitol Building, and the legislative process. He then answered questions from the students on a variety of topics from education reform to the crisis in Ukraine, according to a press release.
“It’s always a pleasure to meet constituents from my district, especially students," Engel said. "Young people really can make a difference. I am hopeful their visit to the Capitol will encourage them to become more engaged in their community, as well as spark an interest in government.”
- 1 Eastchester Mom Debuts Fashion, Lifestyle Blog For Parents
- 2 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 3 Longtime Eastchester Trustee To Take Over As Town Justice
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Eastchester Public Library Represents At Battle Of Books