WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – Despite being asked by intermediaries for the Republican Governors Association to stay away from an RGA meeting in Aspen, Colo., Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino made an appearance anyway and received support from some high-profile members of his party in the process, reports Politico.
According to the report, Astorino was asked not to show up at the event this past week over his conflict with New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who labeled Astorino's run for New York governor "a lost cause."
Texas Gov. Rick Perry urged Astorino to make an appearance at the meeting, and even posed with Astorino to further show his support, according to the report.
“Glad to be with my buddy @RobAstorino in Aspen,” Perry wrote in a tweet.
Politico also reported a brief encounter between Astorino and Christie in Aspen "didn't go well," citing sources but without providing detail.
To read the full story, click here.
- 1 Eastchester's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Mount Vernon Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 4 Sunspot Solar Flares Could Disrupt Eastchester Communication Signals
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible To Eastchester Residents