BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- The Chapel School in Bronxville recently hosted author William Durbin.
Durbin spoke at the school on Wednesday, May 7, about his life as an author. The Chapel School PTO sponsored the author visit for middle school students.
“I like to discuss what inspired me to become a writer, how I do my research, and show photos of the time periods I write about in my stories," Durbin said in a press release. "I try to inspire young authors to work on their craft.”
Durbin is a former teacher who lives in Minnesota. His novels make use of letters, interviews and old business documents to paint a historical picture for the reader, according to the release.
"Whenever I visit a community, my goal is to get students excited about reading and to inspire them to engage in writing projects of their own," Durbin said.
The Chapel School is at 172 White Plains Road in Bronxville.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Eastchester Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Eastchester
- 5 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News