TUCKAHOE, N.Y. – The Tuckahoe School District will host special piano concerts next week featuring award-winning classical pianist Katya Grineva.
On Jan. 17, concerts will take place at 9:30 a.m. at Cottle Elementary School for students in grades 3-5 and at 1 p.m. for middle school students in the auditorium.
Cottle Principal George Albano said parents are free to join the elementary students for the morning concert.
“Prominent educators worldwide know exposure to the arts is an important part of a child’s education,” he said. “Exposing children to great music, as a listener and as a player, is good for brain development.”
The Russian-born Grineva will perform works from master composers, such as Chopin, Schubert-Liszt, Beethoven, Schumann and others. Her vision for this concert is to expose students to the “beauty and benefits of classical music.” She has won several international awards and has played around the world for presidents and dignitaries
Tuckahoe Schools Superintendent Edward Reilly praised his principal for his work in getting the celebrated pianist to visit the district.
“George Albano is nationally recognized as an exemplary elementary principal who is able to engage world-renowned artists to come to his school and share their love of music and the arts with our children,” he said.
- 1 Eastchester Names Darrell Stinchcomb Principal For Greenvale School
- 2 State Police Warn Eastchester Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 Eastchester Students Compete In Final Round Of National Geographic Bee