TUCKAHOE, N.Y. – Tuckahoe card sharks will have an opportunity to show off their skills while supporting a good cause Saturday at the second annual Louis Bellantoni Memorial Poker Tournament.
The event will take place at the Bronxville Woman’s Club and doors open at 5 p.m. The Texas Hold-em tournament will begin at 7 p.m. and there will also be Blackjack tables and other games of chance available for those who are feeling lucky.
Tickets are $100 to play, $80 general admission. The final poker table will receive a payout, with the rest of the proceeds going toward a scholarship for Eastchester and Tuckahoe senior athletes in Bellantoni’s name. The scholarship will be presented in May by the Young Athletes Foundation.
More than $10,000 was raised at the inaugural tournament a year ago, and organizers hope to raise more this year. Prizes will be raffled off throughout the night, and dinner and drinks are included with the entry charge.
Bellantoni, who coached the Eastchester Blue Devils in Pop Warner football and baseball for the Tuckahoe Youth Association, died in November 2010. His son Joey is an all-state football player at Tuckahoe High School.
- 1 Eastchester's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Sunspot Solar Flares Could Disrupt Eastchester Communication Signals
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible To Eastchester Residents
- 5 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures