TUCKAHOE, N.Y. – Tuckahoe card sharks will have an opportunity to show off their skills while supporting a good cause Saturday at the second annual Louis Bellantoni Memorial Poker Tournament.
The event will take place at the Bronxville Woman’s Club and doors open at 5 p.m. The Texas Hold-em tournament will begin at 7 p.m. and there will also be Blackjack tables and other games of chance available for those who are feeling lucky.
Tickets are $100 to play, $80 general admission. The final poker table will receive a payout, with the rest of the proceeds going toward a scholarship for Eastchester and Tuckahoe senior athletes in Bellantoni’s name. The scholarship will be presented in May by the Young Athletes Foundation.
More than $10,000 was raised at the inaugural tournament a year ago, and organizers hope to raise more this year. Prizes will be raffled off throughout the night, and dinner and drinks are included with the entry charge.
Bellantoni, who coached the Eastchester Blue Devils in Pop Warner football and baseball for the Tuckahoe Youth Association, died in November 2010. His son Joey is an all-state football player at Tuckahoe High School.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Tuckahoe Teen Faces Hate Crime Charge After Mall Attacks
- 3 New York Archdiocese Is Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 4 Suspect Charged In Eastchester 'Bicycle Bandit' Robbery
- 5 Bronx River Parkway Has Closures In Scarsdale, White Plains, Greenburgh