BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- The Chapel School Preschool in Bronxville welcomed friends from the New York School for the Deaf (NYSD) in White Plains.
The students from the NYSD were from a bilingual (ESL) class, and were joined by two teachers and an interpreter, school officials said, adding that The Chapel School preschoolers were excited to welcome their friends back. The children participated in relay races, played games, and made crafts together.
“It is wonderful to see the children learning from each other,” said Michelle Tween, The Chapel School’s Preschool Director. "It is such an enjoyable and great day when we bring the classes together. You can see their eyes light up when they communicate with their new friends."
The Chapel School is at 172 White Plains Road in Bronxville. An Open House is scheduled for every Friday in March. For more information about the Chapel School and its programs, call 914-337-3202 or visit the school's website.
- 1 Eastchester's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 5 Eastchester High School Provides Guidelines For Halloween Attire