BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- The Chapel School Preschool in Bronxville welcomed friends from the New York School for the Deaf (NYSD) in White Plains.
The students from the NYSD were from a bilingual (ESL) class, and were joined by two teachers and an interpreter, school officials said, adding that The Chapel School preschoolers were excited to welcome their friends back. The children participated in relay races, played games, and made crafts together.
“It is wonderful to see the children learning from each other,” said Michelle Tween, The Chapel School’s Preschool Director. "It is such an enjoyable and great day when we bring the classes together. You can see their eyes light up when they communicate with their new friends."
The Chapel School is at 172 White Plains Road in Bronxville. An Open House is scheduled for every Friday in March. For more information about the Chapel School and its programs, call 914-337-3202 or visit the school's website.
- 1 State Police Warn Eastchester Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Eastchester Names Darrell Stinchcomb Principal For Greenvale School
- 3 Scarsdale Couple To Make Small Screen Debut On CBS
- 4 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 5 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash On Sprain Brook