EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – School districts in the town of Eastchester have pre-emptively called for early dismissals on Friday with a snowstorm making its way toward the area.
In Eastchester, Greenvale Elementary School will close at 10:30 a.m. Both the middle school and high school will be dismissed at 10:51 a.m. Students at Waverly and Anne Hutchinson Elementary Schools will be let out at 11:15 a.m.
In Tuckahoe, the high school will be dismissed at 11:07 a.m. Students at the Cottle Elementary School will be let out at 11:30 a.m.
“The early dismissal is due to anticipated severe snow conditions arriving sometime on Friday afternoon and progressively getting worse,” the Tuckahoe School District website said. “We reserve the right to cancel school for the full day should the storm hit earlier.”
Keep following The Eastchester Daily Voice for further updates about the storm and school closings.
- 1 Lifelong Eastchester Resident Tabbed To Fill Vacant Town Board Seat
- 2 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown
- 3 Snow Likely In Eastchester On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 4 Eastchester Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287