EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Eastchester High School's Eagle Impact recently collected more than 500 food items for the Eastchester Community Action Program to wrap up the winter season.
The Eagle Impact is a program created by Claire Teahan, a junior working towards her Gold Award. The program has "united the Eastchester High School athletes in the spirit of community service," representatives said. The group sent more than 60 letters, 30 pounds of candy and 100 care packages to deployed soldiers in the fall. But the community work continued.
"Under the guidance of Athletic Director Jason Karol, the athletes ran a season long food drive at their various home sporting events," representatives said. "The Eagle Impact program, whose motto is Learn, Earn, & Return challenges student athletes to take the teamwork skills and dedication that they learn from their sport as well as the respect that they earn from their peers and return it in the form of service to their community."
In the spring, the Eagle Impact athletes will raise support and awareness for Eastchester's special needs community, representatives said.
- 1 Woman Kicks, Spits At Officers During DWI Arrest In Eastchester, Police Say
- 2 Schumer Calls For Harsher 'Swatting' Penalties In Eastchester Visit
- 3 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Boil Water Advisory In Effect For Eastchester, Tuckahoe
- 5 Water Boil Advisory Issued In Eastchester, Tuckahoe