EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Eastchester Middle School represented more than 18 countries with food, culture and traditions at its International Night on Thursday, June 12, under the unified theme of "We Are One," that focused on the 2014 FIFA games in Brazil.
From 5:45 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., the cafeteria was transformed into a language/heritage rich environment where parents and students dressed in traditional costumes and served a delectable array of foods.
For the evening, the event moved to the auditorium where students performed a combination of dances, songs (on the piano and with a fiddle) and poems from all around the globe including Japan, China, Ukraine, Albania, Armenia, Germany, Ireland, Greece, Brazil, Italy, Mexico, Latin America, France and more.
- 1 Eastchester Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Eastchester
- 3 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Eastchester
- 5 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit