EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Eastchester Middle School represented more than 18 countries with food, culture and traditions at its International Night on Thursday, June 12, under the unified theme of "We Are One," that focused on the 2014 FIFA games in Brazil.
From 5:45 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., the cafeteria was transformed into a language/heritage rich environment where parents and students dressed in traditional costumes and served a delectable array of foods.
For the evening, the event moved to the auditorium where students performed a combination of dances, songs (on the piano and with a fiddle) and poems from all around the globe including Japan, China, Ukraine, Albania, Armenia, Germany, Ireland, Greece, Brazil, Italy, Mexico, Latin America, France and more.
- 1 Vigil Set For Four Women Killed In Crash That Injured Eastchester HS Grad
- 2 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 3 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 4 Parking Changes Coming To Bronxville Next Month
- 5 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says