EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Eastchester Middle School represented more than 18 countries with food, culture and traditions at its International Night on Thursday, June 12, under the unified theme of "We Are One," that focused on the 2014 FIFA games in Brazil.
From 5:45 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., the cafeteria was transformed into a language/heritage rich environment where parents and students dressed in traditional costumes and served a delectable array of foods.
For the evening, the event moved to the auditorium where students performed a combination of dances, songs (on the piano and with a fiddle) and poems from all around the globe including Japan, China, Ukraine, Albania, Armenia, Germany, Ireland, Greece, Brazil, Italy, Mexico, Latin America, France and more.
- 1 Eastchester's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Eastchester Must Prepare