EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Written requests for transportation for Eastchester students to private and parochial schools for the 2014-15 school year are due on Tuesday, April 1.
A new written application must be made annually for each new school year for each student attending private or parochial school.
In accordance with New York state education law, the Eastchester Union Free School District will furnish transportation for students to attend the private or parochial school of choice, up to the statutory limit of 15 miles. Students in kindergarten through fifth grade are eligible for transportation if they currently reside more than half-mile from the school of choice, and students in grades six through 12 are eligible if they reside more than one mile from the school of choice.
Residents requesting transportation to private or parochial schools must be registered with the Eastchester school district.
Application forms can be obtained from the Eastchester Union Free School District Board of Education, Transportation Office, at 580 White Plains Road, or downloaded from the district web site.
Contact district transportation coordinator Ripalda Arena at 793-6130, ext. 4207, with any questions.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Eastchester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Eastchester; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Eastchester
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Eastchester Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester