EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – Eastchester seventh grade student Matthew DeMarco will represent the school district in the finals of the National History Bee’s 2013 championship.
DeMarco recently competed in the regional finals of the competition, finishing second, which was strong enough to qualify for the national finals. On June 1, he will compete against some of the brightest students in the country in Atlanta.
The national competition will be similar to the regional finals. Each student will compete in six preliminary rounds of questions that are read aloud to a group of students, who will use a buzzer system if they have the answer.
The top 40 students at the end of the preliminary rounds will advance to the championship rounds, which will narrow the group down to one national champion. The winner will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship prize.
- 1 Police Seek Suspect In Scarsdale Dry Cleaner Robbery
- 2 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 3 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash In TV Interview
- 4 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95
- 5 Snow Could Return To Eastchester For Monday Morning Commute