EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – Eastchester seventh grade student Matthew DeMarco will represent the school district in the finals of the National History Bee’s 2013 championship.
DeMarco recently competed in the regional finals of the competition, finishing second, which was strong enough to qualify for the national finals. On June 1, he will compete against some of the brightest students in the country in Atlanta.
The national competition will be similar to the regional finals. Each student will compete in six preliminary rounds of questions that are read aloud to a group of students, who will use a buzzer system if they have the answer.
The top 40 students at the end of the preliminary rounds will advance to the championship rounds, which will narrow the group down to one national champion. The winner will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship prize.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Eastchester Skies Sunday
- 2 Eastchester Teachers Kick Off 'Home/School Partnership'
- 3 Eastchester Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend
- 4 Eastchester School District Set To Unveil New Turf Field
- 5 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions