EASTCHESTER, N.Y. - The skills of the Eastchester High School track team was on full display earlier this month at the 47th Annual Glenn D. Loucks Invitational Track Meet in White Plains.
The games are among the most competitive track and field meets in America.
Junior John Wiley leaped his way into 4th place for the high jump competition, jumping a height of 6’0”, just an inch shy on for his best record. Junior Martin O’Connell ran his personal best time for the 800 meters with 1:57.39. O’Connell also ran his personal best time for the Section 1 Mile in 4:26.62, placing him fourth.
Sophomore Nicholas DiBrino placed eighth out of more than 100 runners in the 100 meter qualifiers. DiBrino ran a personal best 11.59 seconds in the 100 meter finals.
The team is coached by Matt D’Amico.
The Glenn D. Loucks Memorial Games started in 1968 in White Plains and is regarded as one of the top track and field competition for high school students.
Teams from Connecticut, District of Columbia, New Jersey, New York, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Vermont as well as international teams from Bermuda, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Quebec and Ontario competed.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 Eastchester Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night
- 4 Tuckahoe Man Charged With Cashing Same Check Twice
- 5 Police Department Uses Facebook To Identify Non-Verbal Westchester Woman