TUCKAHOE, N.Y. -- The Tuckahoe Union Free School District is seeking qualified candidates to fill one seat on the Board of Education due to the resignation of Trustee Henry Caporoso.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of intent and resume for consideration to the district clerk by no later than 4 p.m. Thursday.
The board anticipates conducting interviews later this month and voting to appoint a new trustee at the reorganizational meeting on July 7, said Charles Wilson, interim superintendent.
The term for the seat will expire May 16, 2017.
To be considered for appointment, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be a qualified voter of the district; that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older, and not adjudged to be an incompetent; (Note: a convicted felon is barred from running for a seat on a board of education if his or her maximum prison sentence has not expired or if he or she has not been pardoned or discharged from parole).
- Must be, and have been, a resident of the school district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately prior to election.
- May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
- May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
- May not be a current employee of the school board at the time required to take office.
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
Individuals interested in applying can contact the District Clerk at 914-337-6600, ext. 1251 or at firstname.lastname@example.org .