EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- The Tuckahoe School District is seeking two Board of Education trustee candidates to fill vacancies.
Two board seats are up for election May 17 for three-year terms beginning July 1.
Candidates interested in running for a seat:
- must be able to read and write.
- must be a qualified voter of the district; that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older, and not adjudged to be an incompetent (Note: a convicted felon is barred from running for a seat on a board of education if his or her maximum prison sentence has not expired or if he or she has not been pardoned or discharged from parole).
- must be and have been a resident of the school district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately prior to election.
- may not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
- may not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
- may not be a current employee of the school board at the time (s)he is required to take office.
- may not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.