EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Things have been busy as usual at Tuckahoe High School in Eastchester with everything from visits from alumni to club activities.
Some of the events include:
- THS Graduates: A number of 2015 grads returned to THS to participate in a guidance panel to review their first year of college experiences with seniors. They offered some very insightful advice to our seniors.
- THS Habitat for Humanity Club: Were busy last weekend taking part in the annual Buildathon, sponsored by Westchester Habitat for Humanity to honor Martin Luther King. Tuckahoe studentsworked in Yonkers. Thank to Mrs. Ornstein for her leadership and to students for their volunteerism and dedication to this deserving cause. Of significance, the club will also be presented with the Optimum Community Charity Champion Check for the Habitat for Humanity.
- Midterm Exams: Begin Jan. 26, students are encouraged to end the second marking period on a high note and gear up for a successful midterm assessment experience.
- Superintendent Meeting: Interim Superintendent Dr. Wilson, Superintendent-elect Mr. Carl Albano, and Board President Dr. Julio Urbina will meet with MS/HS parents/guardians on Feb. 11 at 7 p.m. in the MS/HS Library for a "town hall" style forum to update parents on the strategic plan, board goals, and share the vision for the district as well as listen to ideas and answer questions.
- Scholastic Grand Prix Chess Tournament: Will be at the William E. Cottle School on Saturday, Jan. 30. The event is sponsored by the National Scholastic Chess Foundation. Students have been informed that applications are available in the high school main office.