TUCKAHOE, N.Y. -- Tuckahoe Middle School students interested in taking eighth-grade algebra, must have the following accelerated seventh-grade math criteria. in order to attend the class.
Seventh grade math criteria:
- Student must have a 90 percent test and quiz average in sixth grade mathematics and a three or four on the fifth grade state math assessment to be recommended for accelerated seventh grade mathematics.
- Parents may request for their child to be waived in if the child has an 87 percent or above test and quiz average in sixth grade mathematics.
- If student is not eligible for accelerated seventh grade mathematics, there will be an option to attempt self-acceleration over the summer between seventh and eighth grade.
- Students in accelerated seventh grade mathematics must have a test and quiz average of 85 percent or higher.
- Parents may request for their child to be waived in if the child is in accelerated seventh grade mathematics has a test or quiz average of 80-84 percent.
- Students in standard seventh grade mathematics with a 87 percent or higher test and quiz average are eligible to attempt self-acceleration over the summer. These students must earn an 85% or higher on the accelerated seventh grade mathematics final, which must be taken during the week prior to school opening in September (usually the last week of August).
For additional information, contact (914)-337-6600 or www.tuckahoeschools.org .