TUCKAHOE, N.Y. – The Tuckahoe School District is forming a Diversity Advisory Committee and is seeking interested members of the community to apply.
The committee will create and implement district policies that will make schools a more welcoming place of increasing respect and support for all students, parents and faculty members.
“We are committed to weaving diversity into the fabric of who we are, what we do and what we value,” a release said. “We aim to engage mindfully in open and frequent dialogues to ensure that each member of the community is valued, included and respected.”
Interested parties should submit an application, along with a resume, to district Clerk Karen Barros by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the high school.
The deadline for submitting an application is Thursday, Dec. 13. The Board of Education will appoint members to the Diversity Advisory Committee at the Dec. 17 meeting. Any questions should be directed to Board of Education President Julio Urbina at email@example.com.
- 1 Eastchester's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Mount Vernon Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 4 Sunspot Solar Flares Could Disrupt Eastchester Communication Signals
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible To Eastchester Residents