TUCKAHOE, N.Y. – The Tuckahoe School District is forming a Diversity Advisory Committee and is seeking interested members of the community to apply.
The committee will create and implement district policies that will make schools a more welcoming place of increasing respect and support for all students, parents and faculty members.
“We are committed to weaving diversity into the fabric of who we are, what we do and what we value,” a release said. “We aim to engage mindfully in open and frequent dialogues to ensure that each member of the community is valued, included and respected.”
Interested parties should submit an application, along with a resume, to district Clerk Karen Barros by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the high school.
The deadline for submitting an application is Thursday, Dec. 13. The Board of Education will appoint members to the Diversity Advisory Committee at the Dec. 17 meeting. Any questions should be directed to Board of Education President Julio Urbina at email@example.com.
- 1 Tuckahoe Trustee, 62, Passes Away In Office
- 2 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 3 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 4 Likely Arrest Of Senate Leader Skelos Tied To Scarsdale Firm, Report Says
- 5 Couple Killed In Overnight Fire In Yonkers Believed To Be Composer, Pianist