TUCKAHOE, N.Y. – The Tuckahoe School District is forming a Diversity Advisory Committee and is seeking interested members of the community to apply.
The committee will create and implement district policies that will make schools a more welcoming place of increasing respect and support for all students, parents and faculty members.
“We are committed to weaving diversity into the fabric of who we are, what we do and what we value,” a release said. “We aim to engage mindfully in open and frequent dialogues to ensure that each member of the community is valued, included and respected.”
Interested parties should submit an application, along with a resume, to district Clerk Karen Barros by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail to the high school.
The deadline for submitting an application is Thursday, Dec. 13. The Board of Education will appoint members to the Diversity Advisory Committee at the Dec. 17 meeting. Any questions should be directed to Board of Education President Julio Urbina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Eastchester Man Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Eastchester Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Car Accident That Killed Three
- 4 Tuckahoe Biz Owner Shows Mindfulness Matters Through Outdoor Yoga Event
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital