TUCKAHOE, N.Y. -- Tuckahoe Schools Superintendent Barbara Nuzzi sent a letter to members of the community outlining the proper procedures when dropping children off at school to maintain a safe environment recently.
The procedures and reminders Nuzzi mentioned in the letter included the following:
- Use only the designated drop-off/pick-up locations.
- No student is to be dropped off on Crawford Street. This is a very active street and a serious accident could occur.
- The bus circle is for bus drop-off only.
- Ridge Street and Siwanoy Boulevard is the designated drop-off and pick-up point for students. There is a crossing guard stationed at this area to assist students in crossing.
- Obey all posted signs, regarding parking, standing, U-turns, etc.
- No parking zones have been created on Crawford.
- No parking on one side of Ridge Street.
- No traffic in the middle school or high school parking lot.
Nuzzi also reminded parents that a police presence will be on hand in the area to enforce the safety rules and regulations.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.