TUCKAHOE, N.Y. -- Students from all three Tuckahoe schools will celebrate the Memorial Day holiday with music and patriotic tributes on Thursday, May 22.
Students at William E. Cottle, Tuckahoe Middle School and Tuckahoe High School will gather for the celebration. The students will wear red, white and blue "to pay tribute to local veterans and those that have given the supreme sacrifice for their country," school officials said.
Students at all grade levels are participating in a Memorial Day essay contest about the true meaning of the holiday and service to your country, officials said in a press release. Tuckahoe High School graduates Ernest James Hill and James “Pee Wee” Samuels will also be paid a special tribute.
The Tuckahoe PTA Community Service Committee and the Tuckahoe High School GO students have worked to present the ceremony to the entire student body, faculty and local dignitaries.
- 1 Eastchester Names Darrell Stinchcomb Principal For Greenvale School
- 2 State Police Warn Eastchester Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 Eastchester Students Compete In Final Round Of National Geographic Bee