BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- Bronxville native Patrick Conaton secured a gold medal in the 100-yard backstroke and was a member for two relay teams that won gold as well at the state swimming championships on Saturday, March 1, according to LoHud.com.
Conaton's performance in the backstroke was one for the record books. After setting the Federation mark during preliminaries on Friday, Feb. 28 with a time of 48.57 seconds, the Fordham Prep star bested his own time in the finals with a time of 48.43 seconds, LoHud.com reported.
New Rochelle's David Stewart was the strongest performer from Section 1, with a second place finish in the 100 -yard butterfly. He also placed sixth in the 200-yard freestyle, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Eastchester's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Eastchester Must Prepare