BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- Bronxville native Patrick Conaton secured a gold medal in the 100-yard backstroke and was a member for two relay teams that won gold as well at the state swimming championships on Saturday, March 1, according to LoHud.com.
Conaton's performance in the backstroke was one for the record books. After setting the Federation mark during preliminaries on Friday, Feb. 28 with a time of 48.57 seconds, the Fordham Prep star bested his own time in the finals with a time of 48.43 seconds, LoHud.com reported.
New Rochelle's David Stewart was the strongest performer from Section 1, with a second place finish in the 100 -yard butterfly. He also placed sixth in the 200-yard freestyle, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale
- 2 Eastchester Mom Debuts Fashion, Lifestyle Blog For Parents
- 3 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 4 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola