BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- Bronxville native Patrick Conaton secured a gold medal in the 100-yard backstroke and was a member for two relay teams that won gold as well at the state swimming championships on Saturday, March 1, according to LoHud.com.
Conaton's performance in the backstroke was one for the record books. After setting the Federation mark during preliminaries on Friday, Feb. 28 with a time of 48.57 seconds, the Fordham Prep star bested his own time in the finals with a time of 48.43 seconds, LoHud.com reported.
New Rochelle's David Stewart was the strongest performer from Section 1, with a second place finish in the 100 -yard butterfly. He also placed sixth in the 200-yard freestyle, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Missing 14-Year-Old Eastchester Girl Is Found In NYC
- 2 Eastchester Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Eastchester
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Eastchester, Blizzard Watch Issued