BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- Bronxville native Patrick Conaton secured a gold medal in the 100-yard backstroke and was a member for two relay teams that won gold as well at the state swimming championships on Saturday, March 1, according to LoHud.com.
Conaton's performance in the backstroke was one for the record books. After setting the Federation mark during preliminaries on Friday, Feb. 28 with a time of 48.57 seconds, the Fordham Prep star bested his own time in the finals with a time of 48.43 seconds, LoHud.com reported.
New Rochelle's David Stewart was the strongest performer from Section 1, with a second place finish in the 100 -yard butterfly. He also placed sixth in the 200-yard freestyle, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 State Police Warn Eastchester Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Scarsdale Couple To Make Small Screen Debut On CBS