BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- Bronxville native Patrick Conaton secured a gold medal in the 100-yard backstroke and was a member for two relay teams that won gold as well at the state swimming championships on Saturday, March 1, according to LoHud.com.
Conaton's performance in the backstroke was one for the record books. After setting the Federation mark during preliminaries on Friday, Feb. 28 with a time of 48.57 seconds, the Fordham Prep star bested his own time in the finals with a time of 48.43 seconds, LoHud.com reported.
New Rochelle's David Stewart was the strongest performer from Section 1, with a second place finish in the 100 -yard butterfly. He also placed sixth in the 200-yard freestyle, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Woman Kicks, Spits At Officers During DWI Arrest In Eastchester, Police Say
- 2 Schumer Calls For Harsher 'Swatting' Penalties In Eastchester Visit
- 3 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Boil Water Advisory In Effect For Eastchester, Tuckahoe
- 5 Water Boil Advisory Issued In Eastchester, Tuckahoe