BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- Senior captain Matthias Ribka received the Phil Kuczma Award, named in honor of its varsity football assistant coach, at a recent year-end Bronxville football dinner.
Matthias Ribka was a three-year, two-way starter on the varsity football team, and also a member, as a freshman, of the 2010 Section One, Class C State Championship Team.
During Matthias’ high school football career, he received All-League distinction once and All-League Honorable Mention distinction twice.
The Phil Kuczma award was initiated after the 2011 season by a Bronco football parent and the Bronxville Athletic Council to honor the much-admired coach and teacher.
The recipient of the Phil Kuczma Award must conduct himself with dignity and class both on and off the field, exhibiting traits of leadership and humility.
After winning the award on Dec. 8, Ribka stated, “I am honored to receive this award from a coach I highly respect, who is very dear to me and who I have known for many years. The traits that the award celebrates are traits that are of upmost importance to me, and I feel honored to be recognized for these qualities. I couldn’t think of a better way to end my high school football career.”
- 1 Eastchester Names Darrell Stinchcomb Principal For Greenvale School
- 2 State Police Warn Eastchester Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 Eastchester Students Compete In Final Round Of National Geographic Bee