EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- The Eastchester High School girls varsity lacrosse team has reigned undefeated for the first time in its program history.
The team consists mostly of juniors and sophomores, some freshmen and one eighth-grader.
Team captains are juniors Jordyn DiCostanzo and Clarissa Mejia. DiCostanzo and Mejia are the leading goal scorers on the varsity team. Both girls had scored their 100th career goal last season, and DiCostanzo just scored her 200th career point in a recent victory over Hastings.
Kylie Gregory, former standout attacker for Iona College, is the first-year coach. The team and Gregory are looking forward to their first league championship and hopefully a sectional win.
- 1 Eastchester Names Darrell Stinchcomb Principal For Greenvale School
- 2 State Police Warn Eastchester Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Scarsdale Couple To Make Small Screen Debut On CBS
- 4 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 5 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash