TUCKAHOE, N.Y. – Tuckahoe High School boys' basketball player Shyheim Nixon is The Eastchester Daily Voice Athlete of the Month for January.
Nixon has been the leader and most consistent player for the Tigers this season. In January alone, he posted point totals of 10, 16, 13 and 14 points.
The Tigers have not had much team success this season, due in part to their extremely tough schedule. Tuckahoe, a Class D school, does not have a single Class C or D school on its schedule this season.
But even in losses, Nixon did his best to keep his team in the game. He poured in 16 points in a 88-78 loss to rival Eastchester on Jan. 25.
Tuckahoe went 25-0 last season and earned the state championship, and Nixon was a big part of that success. This season, he will carry the Tigers as far as they can go in the postseason.
- 1 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 3 Man, 34, Charged With Driving Wrong Way On Hutch, DWI
- 4 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager