TUCKAHOE, N.Y. – Tuckahoe High School boys' basketball player Shyheim Nixon is The Eastchester Daily Voice Athlete of the Month for January.
Nixon has been the leader and most consistent player for the Tigers this season. In January alone, he posted point totals of 10, 16, 13 and 14 points.
The Tigers have not had much team success this season, due in part to their extremely tough schedule. Tuckahoe, a Class D school, does not have a single Class C or D school on its schedule this season.
But even in losses, Nixon did his best to keep his team in the game. He poured in 16 points in a 88-78 loss to rival Eastchester on Jan. 25.
Tuckahoe went 25-0 last season and earned the state championship, and Nixon was a big part of that success. This season, he will carry the Tigers as far as they can go in the postseason.
- 1 Eastchester Mom Debuts Fashion, Lifestyle Blog For Parents
- 2 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 3 Longtime Eastchester Trustee To Take Over As Town Justice
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Eastchester Public Library Represents At Battle Of Books