WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The Tuckahoe boys basketball team did not score in the final two minutes Friday and were defeated 53-47 by Haldane in the Section 1 Class D championship game at the County Center.
No. 3 Haldane held the fifth-seeded Tigers to one point in the final three minutes of the game.
Haldane's Peter Hoffmann was named tournament Most Valuable Player, scoring 20 points to lead the Blue Devils to the title.
Max Pearce led Tuckahoe with 24 points and fouled out laye in the fourth quarter with his team trailing 47-46.
Haldane (Cold Spring-Putnam County) moves on to next week;s state regional playoffs.
- 1 Vigil Set For Four Women Killed In Crash That Injured Eastchester HS Grad
- 2 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 3 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 4 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 5 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Eastchester