WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Freshman Jamon Murray hit back-to-back 3-pointers in the fourth quarter Friday to lift Tuckahoe to a 59-57 upset over top-seeded Martin Luther King, Jr. in the Section 1 Class C boys basketball semifinals at the County Center.
Murray, who scored 11 points in all, cut the deficit to 52-51 with 1:20 remaining in the fourth quarter then gave fifth-seeded Tigers a 54-52 lead they would never relinquish just 20 seconds later.
Tuckahoe, which trailed 28-18 at halftime and 40-31 after three quarters before mounting a comeback, will face No. 3 Haldane in Friday's 5 p.m. Class C championship game at the County Center.
Senior Maxwell Pearce scored 13 of his 19 points in the second half comeback for Tuckahoe. Pearce made 10 of 14 free throws, 5 of 8 in the last minute of the game to help seal the win.
Daquan Campbell led all scorers with 29 points for MLK and teammate Dashawn Johnson added 18 for the defending Section 1 Class C champions.
Rami Higgins added 10 points for Tuckahoe.
- 1 Woman Kicks, Spits At Officers During DWI Arrest In Eastchester, Police Say
- 2 Burglary Suspect Apprehended In Bronxville After Overnight Foot Chase
- 3 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 4 Schumer Calls For Harsher 'Swatting' Penalties In Eastchester Visit
- 5 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three