EASTCHESTER, N.Y. - Following a string of recent auto larcenies, police in Eastchester are reminding and encouraging homeowners to lock up their vehicles overnight.
Police in Eastchester have responded to reports of several larcenies from vehicles and one stolen vehicle recently - which was ultimately recovered - prompting them to issue an alert to residents regarding the importance of locking up at night.
“Although we will continue to vigilantly patrol your neighborhoods, this crime of opportunity is best combatted by locking your doors,” officials stated. “We’re happy to say that the vehicle was recovered, but let’s work together to minimize the future opportunities.”
To help residents, the departments offered the following plastic points to help halt the larcenies:
- Always lock your car doors and close the windows.
- Never leave a G.P.S. unit or other electronic devices in the car.
- Never leave bags, briefcases or backpacks in plain view, instead use the trunk.
- Report suspicious persons or activity to the police department immediately.
- Do not leave car keys in the vehicle.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.