TUCKAHOE, N.Y. -- Tuckahoe Middle School's Science Olympiad team placed ninth out of 27 at the 2016 Lower Hudson Valley Competition at Scarsdale Middle School on Saturday, March 5.
Team members received the following medals:
- Seventh-grader James Fitzpatrick and 8th graders Emily Marais and Eugene Jeong received the 6th place medal for Experimental Design.
- Eighth-graders Coo Katsuno and Eugene Jeong won a 4th place medal in Wind Power.
- Ninth-graders Joy Won and Maryam Kajoshi received the silver medal for Microbe Mission.
- Coo Katsuno and Maryam Kajoshi achieved the silver medal in Meteorology.
- Joy Won and Emily Marais received the bronze for Invasive Species.
- First-time competing 6th graders Jayden Cordova and Jason Napolitano won the bronze in Fossils.
- Sixth-graders and first-time competitors Myreen Toledo, Hana Takebuci and Ani Trinidad achieved the gold metal for Experimental Design.
The students were coached by Mr. Greco and Dr. Besvinick.
In other Tuckahoe Middle School news, the PTA will host the Taste of Tuckahoe luncheon next week during the students' lunch period.
Around 100 students read aloud for a chance to win prizes on Read Across America Day on March 2. Leo Morifuji and Hayden Ehrenfeld were the winners.
Children are asked to not leave food in their lockers overnight, especially with spring break coming soon.
Any remaining items in lost and found will be donated over student break. Students should check for lost items before then.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.