SCARSDALE, N.Y. – New York City Ballet principal dancer Daniel Ulbricht will teach a ballet Master Class at the Jewish Community Center (JCC) of Mid-Westchester Dance School on the Scarsdale-New Rochelle line.
The two-hour class will begin at 10:30 a.m. Friday, Dec. 28.
Each year during the holiday season, the JCC offers these classes that are geared toward intermediate and advanced ballet dancers. This is Ulbricht’s third year teaching the Holiday Master Class.
Ulbricht began his dance training at age 11 and, by the time he was 16 years old, he was invited to the School of American Ballet, the official school of the New York City Ballet. He became an apprentice in 2000 and joined the company a year later as a member of the corps de ballet.
In 2005, Ulbricht was promoted to soloist, and he became a principal dancer two years later. He currently serves as the artistic adviser of the Manhattan Youth Ballet, and is a consultant and guest teacher for a number of prominent dance schools around the country.
The program is sponsored in part by the Grueskin Family Dance Education Fund. The class will cost $30 per participant. Space is limited, and it is advised interested parties pre-register at the JCC front desk as early as possible before all available slots are filled.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Eastchester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Eastchester; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Eastchester
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Accidents On Slippery Westchester Roadways Include Jackknifed Trailer