TUCKAHOE, N.Y. -- Events abound for senior residents in Tuckahoe at the Fountains at RiverVue during February including everything from a Mardi Gras party to a celebration of Chinese New Year.
- Friday, Feb. 5, 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. -- Chinese New Year celebration featuring a musical performance by Jia-Yi He. Jia-Yi has appeared as a soloist with the China National Symphony Orchestra, China National Ballet Symphonic Orchestra, the Nassau Pops Orchestra and numerous others. He plays classical and popular favorites on the Chromatic harmonica, Diatonic harmonica, Tremolo harmonica, Bass harmonica, as well as the smallest and largest harmonica in the world. During the event Jia-Yi will perform Mozart’s Turkish March playing four different harmonicas at the same time.
- Tuesday, Feb. 9, 3 p.m. -- Watermark University presents the History and Traditions of Mardi Gras, followed by a 4 p.m. performance with Mardi Gras themed music.
- Friday, Feb. 12 at 2 p.m. -- Annual Chocolate Dipping contest, just in time for Valentine’s Day. Dip to your heart’s delight.
- Tuesday, Feb. 16, 1:30 p.m. -- Outing to the Museum of Modern Art. Guests will be permitted on bus provided there is room. Museum admission is $18 for seniors.
- Tuesday, Feb. 23, 3 p.m. -- Watermark University Art Talk on artist Jackson Pollock.
Reservations are required for events, call 914-768-6000.
The Fountains at RiverVue offers Westchester seniors assisted living, memory care and classes promoting mind and body fitness for life.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.