WHITE PLAINS, N.Y.– Want to reduce your breast cancer risk? Learn more about preventative measures?
The Westchester and White Plains Hospital are hosting a day of activities Saturday, Oct. 14, built around five themes.
Stations set up at Center Court on Level 1 will feature expert advice including discussions with Una Hopkins, DNP, Administrative Director of the Cancer Program at White Plains Hospital. The stations will include:
- Reduce Your Stress: Guests will lounge in a quiet sanctuary decorated by Pottery Barn as Red Door Spa provides onsite hand massages and White Plains Hospital’s holistic practitioners offer healing touch services.
- Nourish Your Body: Enjoy pink mock-tails and nutritional snacks while White Plains Hospital’s oncology dietician provides essential information on lowering cancer risk through a healthy diet.
- Know Your Genes: iPad stations will feature a genetics quiz to help attendees identify their risk factors and White Plains Hospital experts will be on hand to answer questions.
- Maintain an Active Lifestyle: Peloton representatives will share fitness tips and offer bike demos while White Plains Hospital staff will offer tips on engaging in community wellness activities.
- Get Screened: White Plains Hospital will offer onsite mammogram sign up. Radiology experts will share advice and information on convenient mammogram locations and the importance of screening
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.