BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – Bronxville was the feature of a profile in the New York Times on Friday, with author Elisa Brenner highlighting the village's affluence.
According to the article, census data from 2010 puts the median household income at $178,465, as opposed to $80,725 in the rest of Westchester County. The median price of a single-family home in 2012 was $1.6 million, down from $1.95 million in 2007. Median prices are among the top 200 in the nation.
Several independent stores, including Womrath’s and Arista Camera and Imaging, are highlighted, as is Lawrence Hospital Center and Sarah Lawrence College. The Bronxville Union Free School District was also praised, as its SAT scores are more than 100 points better in each section than the state average.
- 1 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Three New Eastchester Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Eastchester
- 5 Tuckahoe House Lights Up For Holidays