EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Families and groups of people old and young gathered in the sunshine Sunday to cheer on the 9th Annual Eastchester St. Patrick's Day Parade.
Main Street and White Plains Road were lined with crowds waving and cheering on the procession in their festive Irish gear - shamrock glasses and green feather boas were favorites.
Grand Marshal Dave Flannery led the parade. Local police and fire departments, bagpipe and drum bands, schools, and community organizations marched from the Immaculate Conception Church in Tuckahoe to Lake Isle Country Club.
Rosemarie Baranin was there with her daughter and grandson. "My grandson loves live music, and there's so much cultural diversity in doing things like this," Baranin said. "We came out for the fanfare. We love a parade."
Check out the slideshow for highlights.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Eastchester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Eastchester; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Eastchester
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Accidents On Slippery Westchester Roadways Include Jackknifed Trailer