EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – Five Eastchester residents who are members of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Troop 2 in Scarsdale have reached the distinguished honor of the Eagle Scout Rank.
Anthony Carella, Keith and Kevin Hernandez, Casey Lutz and Michael Siciliano are among 158 boy scouts to obtain the rank from the America’s Westchester-Putnam Council.
The Eagle Scout is the highest and most prestigious rank awarded to a senior scout in the Boy Scouts. According to the Boy Scouts, only 4 percent of scouts earn this distinction.
To achieve the honor, each scout had to progress through six previous ranks, earning no less than 21 merit badges that include first aid, citizenship, communications, personal fitness, camping and other life skills.
Each of the five scouts had to serve at least one year in a series of leadership positions. They also had to plan, develop and lead a service project that benefitted a local community organization. Lastly, the scouts had to attend a Scoutmaster conference and be evaluated by an Eagle Scout Board of Review.
- 1 Eastchester's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 5 Eastchester High School Provides Guidelines For Halloween Attire