EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – Five Eastchester residents who are members of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Troop 2 in Scarsdale have reached the distinguished honor of the Eagle Scout Rank.
Anthony Carella, Keith and Kevin Hernandez, Casey Lutz and Michael Siciliano are among 158 boy scouts to obtain the rank from the America’s Westchester-Putnam Council.
The Eagle Scout is the highest and most prestigious rank awarded to a senior scout in the Boy Scouts. According to the Boy Scouts, only 4 percent of scouts earn this distinction.
To achieve the honor, each scout had to progress through six previous ranks, earning no less than 21 merit badges that include first aid, citizenship, communications, personal fitness, camping and other life skills.
Each of the five scouts had to serve at least one year in a series of leadership positions. They also had to plan, develop and lead a service project that benefitted a local community organization. Lastly, the scouts had to attend a Scoutmaster conference and be evaluated by an Eagle Scout Board of Review.
- 1 Eastchester Ranked Among New York's Safest Places To Live
- 2 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 3 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester
- 4 Bronxville Attorney Charged With Stealing From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Missing Woman With Dementia Could Be In Westchester