EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – In 1664, the town of Eastchester was settled as a small farm town by 10 families that migrated from Fairfield, Conn. In 2014, residents will have the opportunity to celebrate 350 years of history with a series of events.
Bronxville, Eastchester and Tuckahoe residents can attend a community meeting, hosted by the Eastchester 350 Steering Committee, at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Eastchester Public Library.
Those in attendance can learn about the plans already under way to celebrate the town’s semiseptcentennial anniversary. During the meeting, there will be an opportunity for residents to provide their thoughts and ideas regarding the celebration.
Volunteers interested in working with the Eastchester 350 Steering Committee can email Town Clerk Linda Doherty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Eastchester's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 5 Eastchester High School Provides Guidelines For Halloween Attire