Sunny skies and slight winds will kick off the weekend, but a pair of fronts will bring rain and colder temperatures to the area Sunday, according to the National Weather Service.
Meteorologists say a few sprinkles may fall during the late morning and afternoon Friday but will dissipate in time for Saturday. Temperatures are expected to be close to normal at a high near 54 degrees.
Saturday should see sunny skies, with a high of 59 degrees and a northwest wind of 6 to 11 mph, the weather service says.
There's a 50 percent chance of rain for Sunday afternoon, with meteorologists saying rainfall could total a tenth to a quarter of an inch because of an incoming warm front. Temperatures should be in the 50s.
A cold front will pass through the area late Monday, ushering in a windy week, the weather service said.
- 1 Eastchester's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 4 Sunspot Solar Flares Could Disrupt Eastchester Communication Signals
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Eastchester Must Prepare