WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Bicycle Sundays on the Bronx River Parkway will return this September for four consecutive Sundays, on Sept. 7, 14, 21 and 28, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
During Bicycle Sundays, a portion of the Bronx River Parkway is closed to cars for the exclusive use of bicyclists, joggers, walkers, and those with strollers.
The course runs from the Westchester County Center in White Plains, south to Scarsdale Road in Yonkers, a round-trip of 13.1 miles. There are various points of entry and exit along the way.
Parking is available at the County Center lot in White Plains for a fee of $5.
Bicycle Sundays is sponsored by Con Edison and Friends of Westchester County Parks, and is presented by Westchester County Parks, with additional support provided by 100.7 WHUD radio.
In the event of rain, the program will be cancelled. Call the county center for information at
914-995-4050 or go to countycenter.biz.
For a complete list of Bicycle Sundays rules and regulations, go to www.parks.westchestergov.com.
- 1 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 2 Burglary Suspect Apprehended In Bronxville After Overnight Foot Chase
- 3 Yonkers Principal Threatens Soccer Dad, Says Report
- 4 Man Found Hiding In Closet At Edgemont Home Is Charged With Burglary
- 5 Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Metropolis Country Club To Fear Attack