TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- The U.S. Coast Guard is reminding boaters near the Tappan Zee Bridge to exercise additional caution due to construction efforts.
The Coast Guard has instituted a "slow, no wake zone" 500 yards north and south of the bridge.
The Coast Guard may also prohibit all non-construction vehicle traffic on the river at certain times during construction.
In the past few weeks, bridge contractors have installed an additional 16 mooring balls, devices to which work boats may be tied up. The devices themselves, with or without work boats moored to them, can pose a hazard to unwary boaters, especially those going too fast.
- 1 Police Seek Suspect In Scarsdale Dry Cleaner Robbery
- 2 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95
- 3 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 4 Cuomo Bans Non-Essential State Travel To Indiana
- 5 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed