TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- The U.S. Coast Guard is reminding boaters near the Tappan Zee Bridge to exercise additional caution due to construction efforts.
The Coast Guard has instituted a "slow, no wake zone" 500 yards north and south of the bridge.
The Coast Guard may also prohibit all non-construction vehicle traffic on the river at certain times during construction.
In the past few weeks, bridge contractors have installed an additional 16 mooring balls, devices to which work boats may be tied up. The devices themselves, with or without work boats moored to them, can pose a hazard to unwary boaters, especially those going too fast.
- 1 Woman Kicks, Spits At Officers During DWI Arrest In Eastchester, Police Say
- 2 Burglary Suspect Apprehended In Bronxville After Overnight Foot Chase
- 3 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 4 Schumer Calls For Harsher 'Swatting' Penalties In Eastchester Visit
- 5 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three