TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- The U.S. Coast Guard is reminding boaters near the Tappan Zee Bridge to exercise additional caution due to construction efforts.
The Coast Guard has instituted a "slow, no wake zone" 500 yards north and south of the bridge.
The Coast Guard may also prohibit all non-construction vehicle traffic on the river at certain times during construction.
In the past few weeks, bridge contractors have installed an additional 16 mooring balls, devices to which work boats may be tied up. The devices themselves, with or without work boats moored to them, can pose a hazard to unwary boaters, especially those going too fast.
- 1 It's A Girl: Westchester's Clintons Are Grandparents As Chelsea Gives Birth
- 2 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 3 Tuckahoe Resident Winning $1 Million In Lottery Tops News Last Week
- 4 Bronxville's John Mack Carter, Acclaimed Editor Of Women's Magazines, 86
- 5 Metro-North Reports Rise In Crime