SCARSDALE, N.Y. – Motorists are advised there will be nighttime lane and ramp closures on Tuesday night, Aug. 19 on the Bronx River Parkway in the northbound direction from the Sprain Brook Parkway in Yonkers to the Westchester County Center (Exit 22) in White Plains.
Motorists are advised to seek alternative routes. These closures are part of the Crane Road bridge replacement project.
The Bronx River Parkway northbound will have the following closure in effect beginning Tuesday night, Aug. 19 from 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.:
- The northbound Bronx River Parkway will be closed. There will be no access from the six-lane portion of the northbound Bronx River Parkway to the four-lane portion of the northbound Bronx River Parkway at the Sprain Brook Parkway.
- All traffic will be diverted onto the Sprain Brook Parkway and then Central Park Avenue (NY 100) to White Plains.
- The northbound Bronx River Parkway will be accessible to local traffic at the following locations (between the Sprain Brook Parkway and Harney Road) at all times: entrances from Paxton Avenue, Elm Street, Scarsdale Road, Thompson Street and Leewood Drive will be open.
- Northbound parkway traffic will be diverted at Harney Road to Scarsdale Avenue and East Parkway and then re-entering the northbound parkway at Crane Road.
- The northbound Bronx River Parkway will be open to traffic at Crane Road and all points North.
In addition, the following parkway ramp and local street closures also will occur beginning Tuesday, Aug. 19 from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.:
- The Bronx River Parkway northbound entrance ramp from Crane Road to the Bronx River Parkway will be closed. Traffic will be detoured to local streets to the next northbound entrance to the parkway.
- The Bronx River Parkway southbound entrance ramp from Crane Road to the Bronx River Parkway will be closed. Traffic will be diverted to Exit 10, Harney Road.
- East Parkway in Scarsdale will be closed in both directions between Crane Road and Christie Place beginning Tuesday night, Aug. 19 from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Traffic in both directions will be detoured using Chase Road and Christie Place.
- 1 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Former Tuckahoe Superintendent's Stepson
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car
- 4 Tuckahoe Among Latest Communities To Start Collecting Hotel-Motel Tax
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Eastchester