EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- The Village of Bronxville has suspended parking meter enforcement on Friday as a result of the storm that is blanketing the region with heavy snow, gusty winds and sub-zero wind chills.
As much as 8 inches of snow is expected to fall on the area overnight, according to the National Weather Service. A winter storm warning and coastal flood advisory have both been issued, and winds are expected to reach nearly 25 miles per hour and sub-zero wind chills.
A winter storm warning has been issued, and will be in effect until 1 p.m. on Friday. A coastal flood advisory will be in effect until 2 a.m. Motorists have been advised by Gov. Andrew Cuomo to avoid the roads, as Interstate 84 and 87 will be closed at midnight, when the storm is expected to peak, until approximately 5 a.m.
- 1 Eastchester Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Eastchester
- 4 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Eastchester