EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- The Village of Bronxville has suspended parking meter enforcement on Friday as a result of the storm that is blanketing the region with heavy snow, gusty winds and sub-zero wind chills.
As much as 8 inches of snow is expected to fall on the area overnight, according to the National Weather Service. A winter storm warning and coastal flood advisory have both been issued, and winds are expected to reach nearly 25 miles per hour and sub-zero wind chills.
A winter storm warning has been issued, and will be in effect until 1 p.m. on Friday. A coastal flood advisory will be in effect until 2 a.m. Motorists have been advised by Gov. Andrew Cuomo to avoid the roads, as Interstate 84 and 87 will be closed at midnight, when the storm is expected to peak, until approximately 5 a.m.
- 1 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Schools In Westchester Reporting High Test Opt-Out Rates
- 3 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 4 Eastchester Board Of Education Adopts Updated Budget
- 5 Eastchester Italian American Citizen's Club Holds Open House For Residents