EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- The Village of Bronxville has suspended parking meter enforcement on Friday as a result of the storm that is blanketing the region with heavy snow, gusty winds and sub-zero wind chills.
As much as 8 inches of snow is expected to fall on the area overnight, according to the National Weather Service. A winter storm warning and coastal flood advisory have both been issued, and winds are expected to reach nearly 25 miles per hour and sub-zero wind chills.
A winter storm warning has been issued, and will be in effect until 1 p.m. on Friday. A coastal flood advisory will be in effect until 2 a.m. Motorists have been advised by Gov. Andrew Cuomo to avoid the roads, as Interstate 84 and 87 will be closed at midnight, when the storm is expected to peak, until approximately 5 a.m.
- 1 Eastchester Father Is Charged In Car Crash That Killed Three
- 2 Tuckahoe Teen Faces Hate Crime Charge After Mall Attacks
- 3 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 4 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 5 Eastchester Police Investigate Series of Home Burglaries