WESTCHESTER, N.Y. — New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has announced that, due to the accelerating severity of Winter Storm Nemo and the expected heavy snowfall accumulations, Metro-North Railroad will suspend all service, effective 10 p.m. Friday.
The move, said Cuomo, is to reduce the likelihood of stranded trains and to begin snow-clearing operations. The suspension of service will continue until further notice.
In addition, Grand Central Terminal will close after the last trains arrive at about midnight.
Customers are advised to limit travel or stay home if possible.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Snow Likely In Eastchester On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Eastchester Varsity Team Places First At Cheerleading Event
- 4 Open Houses In Eastchester This Weekend
- 5 Lifelong Eastchester Resident Tabbed To Fill Vacant Town Board Seat