EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – The Eastchester Women’s Club has awarded the Eastchester Recreation Department $5,000, which will be used to get new equipment to the Joyce Road playground.
The money will be used to transport equipment from the former Eastchester Child Development building that will be set up at the playground. The move will allow the park to be refurbished at a minimal cost to residents.
Superintendent of Recreation Sally Veltidi accepted the check from Women’s Club President Doris Kramer and Vice President Ann Pazzola at a lunch at the Davenport Country Club.
This is one of the Women’s Club’s donations that they give out each year. They will also present four $500 scholarships to Eastchester and Tuckahoe graduating seniors.
- 1 Vigil Set For Four Women Killed In Crash That Injured Eastchester HS Grad
- 2 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 3 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 4 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 5 Parking Changes Coming To Bronxville Next Month