EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – The Eastchester Women’s Club has awarded the Eastchester Recreation Department $5,000, which will be used to get new equipment to the Joyce Road playground.
The money will be used to transport equipment from the former Eastchester Child Development building that will be set up at the playground. The move will allow the park to be refurbished at a minimal cost to residents.
Superintendent of Recreation Sally Veltidi accepted the check from Women’s Club President Doris Kramer and Vice President Ann Pazzola at a lunch at the Davenport Country Club.
This is one of the Women’s Club’s donations that they give out each year. They will also present four $500 scholarships to Eastchester and Tuckahoe graduating seniors.
- 1 Lifelong Eastchester Resident Tabbed To Fill Vacant Town Board Seat
- 2 Snow Likely In Eastchester On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Eastchester Varsity Team Places First At Cheerleading Event
- 4 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown
- 5 Eastchester Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday