EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – Friends of the Eastchester Public Library are calling on all members of the community to chip in and help out as the organization plans a renovation of the Children’s Room in the library.
In an effort to streamline the project, the Friends of the Eastchester Public Library are spearheading a drive to raise the $50,000 that will be needed to completely revamp the room. More than $10,000 has already been pledged by the organization.
When visitors enter the renovated Children’s Room, the changes will become evident right away, as the library looks to make the room more kid-friendly. Members of the library will look to brighten up the area with an array of colors, paintings and new pieces of furniture as workers look to make it an ideal environment for both education and entertainment.
Construction is scheduled to begin in the fall and continue into the winter. A brochure to make tax deductible donations can be found online. All checks should be made out to the Friends of the Eastchester Public Library.
- 1 Vigil Set For Four Women Killed In Crash That Injured Eastchester HS Grad
- 2 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 3 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 4 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 5 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Eastchester