EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Eastchester and Tuckahoe this week:
- Winter storm Pax, translated as Peace in Latin, was anything but peaceful as it blew into Westchester County with high winds and heavy snow beginning early Thursday morning.
- Westchester County police recovered 16 grams of cocaine, 10 glassine envelopes of heroin, 50 pipes used to smoke crack cocaine and arrested five people on related drug charges at an Ossining home this past weekend, police said.
- A fight in a Yonkers home on Sunday, Feb. 9 led to a stabbing that has left two men in the hospital, according to News 12 Westchester.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino has still not declared he will run for governor this fall, but visitors to RobAstorino.com might think otherwise. A campaign committee for a potential Astorino gubernatorial bid launched a website Thursday that has the heading, "Rob Astorino for Governor."
- 1 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests
- 2 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M
- 4 Westchester Property Taxes Are Nation's Highest
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl