EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Eastchester and Tuckahoe this week:
- Although Gov. Andrew Cuomo surprised many with his announcement that New York hospitals would soon utilize medical marijuana in a limited capacity, residents and officials alike have expressed approval of the initiative.
- A virtual fire safety demonstration turned surreal on Wednesday afternoon, when a water pipe burst at the Eastchester Middle School, sending hundreds of students to shiver in the leftover snow outside.
- Twenty people are displaced and two people injured after twin fires raged in Yonkers Tuesday night, destroying an apartment and a multifamily home.
- A North Salem therapist pleaded guilty on Thursday, Jan. 9 to charges of sexually abusing two of his patients, according to a statement released by Westchester County District Attorney Janet DiFiore.
- 1 Tuckahoe Teen Faces Hate Crime Charge After Mall Attacks
- 2 Eastchester Father Is Charged In Car Crash That Killed Three
- 3 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 4 Eastchester Police Investigate Series of Home Burglaries
- 5 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes