EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Eastchester and Tuckahoe this week:
- Although Gov. Andrew Cuomo surprised many with his announcement that New York hospitals would soon utilize medical marijuana in a limited capacity, residents and officials alike have expressed approval of the initiative.
- A virtual fire safety demonstration turned surreal on Wednesday afternoon, when a water pipe burst at the Eastchester Middle School, sending hundreds of students to shiver in the leftover snow outside.
- Twenty people are displaced and two people injured after twin fires raged in Yonkers Tuesday night, destroying an apartment and a multifamily home.
- A North Salem therapist pleaded guilty on Thursday, Jan. 9 to charges of sexually abusing two of his patients, according to a statement released by Westchester County District Attorney Janet DiFiore.
- 1 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Man, 34, Is Charged With Driving Wrong Way On Hutch, DWI
- 3 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 4 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl