NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. — The Daily Voice is heading into the new year by counting down, in no particular order, the top 10 stories from 2012.
A New Rochelle man was arrested April 27 in connection with a string of armed robberies near Metro-North Railroad stations in New Rochelle, Pelham Mamaroneck and Harrison earlier in the year.
Olivier Famby, 21, of 62 Dewitt Place was charged with eight counts of first-degree robbery and two counts of second-degree assault, all felonies; and one count of fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon and one count of criminal possession of stolen property, both misdemeanors.
The robberies occurred in New Rochelle on Jan. 29, involving two victims; Pelham on Jan. 12, Jan. 31 and March 28; the Town of Mamaroneck on Jan. 17; and the Village of Mamaroneck and Harrison on Feb. 9.
Famby was arraigned on an indictment Nov. 19 and is next due in court on Feb. 13, 2013.
- 1 Police Seek Suspect In Scarsdale Dry Cleaner Robbery
- 2 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 3 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash In TV Interview
- 4 Snow Could Return To Eastchester For Monday Morning Commute
- 5 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95